Monday, March 21, 2011

Meet Jefferson






As most of you know, on December 27, 2010 we lost our precious baby girl, our English Bulldog "Speckles", who was so much more than a dog. She was my best friend and my constant companion. I miss her every single day. Also, the very day after we lost her, my Fatherinlaw passed away unexpectedly. He had a dog. Well, we lost our dog, he lost his human, so after a lot of thought we decided to try to take him. We didn't know how it would work out, he was 165 pounds of big, outside, slobbery dog who had never been in the house, never been on a ride or anything. We took him to the vet, then brought him home. He had a couple of accidents the first day, but after that he has been wonderful!!! He has adjusted exceptionally well. He's such a big ham! He isn't my Speckles, but I need to be fair to him, he is a very good dog and I can not compare him or blame him. So, I've been trying really hard to let him into my heart. He will hever hold the special part that Speckles has, but he will be as a very good friend told me "the second best dog we've ever had"!!! Thanks Krissy!!! And here is the pic!!! Wish us luck!

3 comments:

The Dolphin Inn said...

Awww hon, what a sad situation that you found yourself in, wishing you good luck with your 'little' orphan, I do hope you can both be happy together and that you both feel comfort from each other, he does look a lovely doggy and Speckles will be forever in your heart (((hugs))) love and best wishes xxx

Krissy said...

Oh heavens he's HUGE! You weren't kidding about the size of his head! But he looks GREAT! He doesn't look overweight at all, he looks very healthy - just BIG! And isn't he just such a lover?! I know he'll never replace Speckles, and he shouldn't. Speckles was Speckles, and Jefferson is Jefferson. Two different friends who will both call a piece of your heart home. I'm so happy that Jefferson had you when he needed you most. Maybe, you had him too.. when YOU needed HIM most?

*************hugs************

cnelson said...

What a handsome boy! I hope things work out for you both. HUGS!