Friday, November 11, 2011

Swirlydoos

Wow...the October kit from Swirlydoos was fantastic! I have enjoyed this kit tremendously. This page was done for the Swirlyhues challenge. I didn't finish in time but this is it!!! This is our youngest ds and his girlfriend. Aren't they sweet?!?!?! I absolutely love this kit. I've gotten quite a few pages done with it. I still have some left and guess what? I got my CNS and should have my next kit in the next few days! I can't wait!!!

T
This is a Dusty Attic chippie from my good friend Gabrielle!!! Thanks Gabi! I used alcohol ink and then used a Sakura glitter pen to the edges. I used a definition sticker on a scrap of the patterned paper and attached it to it. The little blooms are handmade, I will post a tutorial tomorrow hopefully on them, they are so easy, and you can do any size and color.
The leaves chippies are just painted with a light green acrylic paint and then alcohol inked a little darker in places. I dotted blue liquid pearl in the centers of the butterfly trim.
The little chippie butterflies are Imaginarium! I love Imaginarium chippies, they are so easy to work with and even the tiniest detail lets go easily. I used little pearls in the center. On the butterflies themselves I inked them with alcohol ink in Butterscotch and then dabbed gold fixative in spots and used a glitter pen on the edges.
A little more detail of the leaves and blooms.
Check back for the tutorial, it really is super simple!! If I can do it, anybody can do it! LOL! Thanks for visiting my blog, I really appreciate it!

7 comments:

Lizzyc said...

HI.. this is stunning.. the vine and the gold border with the blue pearls really adds pow!!! love it..

cnelson said...

So GORGEOUS Patti!! WOW!

sandi said...

Wow Patti this is absolutely beautiful! Everything is fab..great design, mix and pics!

LisiB said...

Fabulous LO! I am now so inspred to use the paper with the big blue flower - was not quite sure what to do with it. Thanks!!!

Patricia said...

so beautiful...

Heather Jacob said...

fabulous Patti, love the way you use colour and your pics are gorgeous ... an awesome page .. hugz x

Erin said...

Gorgeous layout, love those Swirlydoos kits, i'll have to subscribe one day! Thanks so much for leaving your lovely comment on my OUAS layout. Cheers!