Wednesday, February 29, 2012

March 1st Challenge at OUAS!!!



Hello everyone! It's time to announce a new challenge over at Once Upon A Sketch and this is a beautiful sketch. You need to go to the blog to see all the DT work and out guest designers as well! We have the awesomely talented Iris Uy and Cathy Cafun guesting for this challenge!

For the time being a new month is upon us which brings a new challenge for the next 2 weeks.

The current challenge is one that will push you out of your comfort zone because you have to scrap a layout or create a project about YOU. Many MANY people find this daunting...I can understand that. I personally do not have a problem scrapping my self as I want my children and those I leave behind one day to know the real Nadia. But I was SO SO SO surprised to learn that my Design Team really struggled with this. This saddened me...it saddened me as I see SO many wonderful qualities in all of them, yet it astounds me how hard us women are on our selves. We truly are. I think one thing we are ALL good at for certain, is just being WOMEN in this day and age!!

SO I am particularly keen to see you all find something that you are good at, as little or as big as that might be and be confident enough to share it with us here. I cannot wait to see your entries!! Come on ladies..its time we believed in our selves and put our selves first just this one time..!

March 1st Challenge

Journalling Criteria/Theme:
All About Me!

The focus of your journalling and the theme of your layout has to be based on YOU and something/s that you are really good at. Don't be shy! We are all good at something as small or as big as it might be.

Ideas for journalling: being a good mum, cooking, talking, understanding people, organising, cleaning, gardening, studying, computers, fashion, exercising, scrapbooking, good at my job, maths, languages, writing , drawing, painting, photography, running, craft, sewing. Maybe you can talk about an aspect of your personality..your sensitivity, your 6th sense, your patience, your strength or bravery, your ability to stay positive.

Remember that you are allowed to also create a card or altered project based on this sketch and theme and instead of the journalling criteria you need to use a quote.

You MUST combine our journalling criteria with this sketch..

Now here is my take on the challenge:

I used elements from my March Swirlydoos kit featuring some yummy Kaisercraft goodies. This is a Kaisercraft stamp and then I embossed it with WOW embossing powder.
The chippie elements on this page are from Imaginarium Designs. The butterflies and also the title. I used more WOW embossing powders on them too. And added some bling!!! The gorgous blooms are from Manorhouse Creations!

This is a closeup of the title, I mixed Bubble Gum and Peach powders one it.
This was a great challenge, it really did "challenge" me, it's hard for me to come up with anything that I'm actually good at, but I think being at Mom might be it!!! LOL! Thanks so much for stopping by! It means a lot to me!!!

Now, please check out the challenge and join us for the fun! www.onceuponasketchblog.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Ella Swan said...

Lovely Patti! I think it is hard for us to say what we are good at ourselves but I know that you are a great scrapbooker and a lovely person, and a great encourager too!! Love this page of yours, especially all the embossing. I have not heard anything about that except that they received my application...boohoo...

Lizzyc said...

Hi.. this is a beautiful take on the challenge.. not just the design and creativity, but the heartfelt sentiment on it.. well done..

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Patti this is awesome :) THANK YOU for EVERYTHING you do at OUAS and for your wonderful work :)

cnelson said...

Gorgeous and heartfelt!!!

Gina Lideros said...

wow, Patti this is fab. love what you did with the peach and bubblegum powders :)

Helena said...

Love your take on the challenge. I'm sure you are an exceptional mother (BTW the hardest thing in the world!)

Completely in love with the green stamp you embossed! Gorgeous!